Everyone Wants Stamped Concrete!
Many people are choosing to use concrete in many areas of their home. Concrete can be used in countertops, walkways, driveways, patios, and a wide variety of other ways. Why are people using so much concrete you might ask?
Affordability and durability
The saying here at deWit Construction & Remodeling is we can do concrete anyway you can dream up. Concrete is so versatile! It truly is amazing what you can do you with it when it comes to home improvement. We would like to share with you one of our favorite things to do with concrete... stamp it!
What is Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete is when you add a pattern and/or texture to the concrete. The most common patterns use in stamped concrete are:
Those are just a few of the patterns used in stamped concrete, but you are limited only by your imagination.
Benefits of Stamped Concrete
Stamped concrete not only looks great, but has other benefits as well! Some of those benefits include:
- Design – there are endless patterns and stains to choose from.
- Maintenance and care – concrete requires less maintenance than most other materials which will end up saving you more money in the long run.
- Longevity – concrete is extremely durable and will last longer than other materials. It stands up well to different weather climates heavy foot traffic.
- Adds value – choosing stamped concrete over plain concrete instantly boosts the curb appeal of your home.
Stamping Concrete vs. Pavers
You might be wondering, why make concrete look like stone and not just use the real thing? When installing concrete pavers you have to install each paver one by one while placing sand as the base and in between them. The downside to pavers are:
- Higher cost due to the amount of work that goes into pavers
- They settle over time and may need resettled
- Weeds can grow up between them
- Overtime the sand mixture between the pavers can be chipped/blown away and will take some maintenance to fix
To sum up, pavers not only cost more than stamping, there is a lot more care and maintenance required.
Decorative Concrete Infographic
We have incuded this infographic “Decorative Concrete: The perfect paving choice for today!” for you to download or share with your friends and family. It will provide you with information to aid in making decorative concrete decisions.
Stamped Concrete Recommended
We highly recommend going with stamped concrete because there are endless ways you can make it look great for a fraction of the cost of using pavers. We would love the opportunity to discuss the option of concrete stamping with you and review all of the concrete services we offer. If you are in the greater Des Moines, Iowa area, contact us today to schedule an appointment. deWit Construction & Remodeling is your concrete contractor!