Is everyone really remodeling their home?
Today people know more than ever what they want for their homes when it comes to creating a comfortable and unique space. From Pinterest to the HGTV network people are being educated on designs, styles, and what’s trending. In 2017 you are going to see a lot of people wanting their homes customized and remodeled.
With the education people are receiving about home renovations, some of the most popular trends are moving towards low-maintenance and beautiful, functional spaces that help keep families organized. According to the Leading Indicator of Remodeling Activity (LIRA) homeowners remodeling investments will increase 6.7% from 2016 to hit a whopping $317 billion in 2017.
The trendy thing to do is to have a custom remodeled home with unique custom pieces that truly make your home uniquely you. With that being said, we will go over as best as we can on what you will most likely see done in 2017.
Before looking at what we think you’ll see in 2017 for home remodeling, let’s go over a few things we believe are on their way out.Trends Out the Door
Trends Out the Door
- Brushed Metal – gone are the days where homeowners want only stainless steel brushed metal appliances. Shiny warm metals like gold, copper, and bronze are sure to be on the rise in 2017 as well as black stainless steel.
- Gray – the experts are predicting homeowners will leave the gray behind and become bolder in their color choices to give their home a more personalized look.
- Antique Only – people used to feel that when decorating with an antique piece you need to keep with the antique theme throughout. This is long gone and now is the time to mix and match up your pieces!
Trends In the Door
- Naturally Modern – this year people are choosing an organic, modern mix of materials like glass, metal, stone, wood and fabrics to create a warmer feel. Look for more natural selections of wood and less dark combined with shades of white paint creating an open clean feel. Today’s homeowner has removed unnecessary walls creating a big open space feel for their home.
- Rustic – thanks to HGTV, many people are taking a more rustic approach to their home remodeling choices. Colors you tend to see in rustic homes are light neutrals which include, whites, grays, and tans. Along with these colors, you will see a more natural wood look selected as the flooring option. The biggest trend with this style is shiplap.
Types of Remodeling Projects
The top three home remodeling projects trending this year are going to continue growing in popularity as homeowners choose to remain living in their existing home but want to personalize it and gain some extra square footage. Here are the top three home remodeling projects for 2017.
When it comes time to remodel your home nothing can increase your home’s value (and square footage) like a well thought out home addition. There are a number of options if you are looking to add that much needed extra space or room like a:
- Second Story Add-on
- Extra Bathroom or Bedroom
- Family Room
Kitchen remodeling projects continue to be our most requested home renovation. Homeowners recognize how central a kitchen is for family activity and are looking for a more efficient and accommodating design with lowered maintenance requirements.
People are looking to combine a bedroom, bathroom, and walk-in closet to create the perfect master suite. High-end accessories and add-ons are being used to reproduce that expensive hotel room like atmosphere (it’s the little things that count). The right textures, the right colors and the just the right lighting can create that soothing getaway from the rest of the world. And by the way, right now, everyone wants a barn door.
Home Remodel Experts
Our team at deWit Construction & Remodeling would like to make it our New Year’s goal to not only build custom homes for our clients but, to renovate and remodel your home if that’s what you are looking for. Also, did you know we make custom pieces of furniture? Custom furniture is a great way to make your home unique. Contact us today for an appointment!
U.S. Remodeling Industry Is Back Infographic
To show you how the home remodeling market is growing, we are including “U.S. Remodeling Industry Is Back” infographic to download and share with friends and family. This infographic was provided by the Joint Center for Housing Studies (JCHS) of Harvard University. There was a combined growth in the home remodeling market of 11.3 percent in 2014 through 2015 and an estimated 6.9 percent growth for 2016. Please share a comment with us below about your home remodeling or home improvement project.